Before there were all those teeth whitening products on the market and your dentist started to offer teeth whitening procedures, people used a variety of home remedies to get their teeth white. They are cheap compared to teeth whitening kits and professional teeth whitening.
Here are some home remedy teeth whitening tips.
– Mix three parts hydrogen peroxide and two parts baking soda to form a paste. Use this paste to brush your teeth, but make sure that you do not swallow any of the paste. Once you have brushed your teeth, rinse your mouth to get rid of all the paste. This method will make your mouth feel very clean and your teeth white.
– Smash a strawberry and mix with a little baking soda. Brush your teeth. The acid that is found in the strawberry is what will white your teeth. After using this mixture rinse your mouth. You can also just use some slices of the strawberry and rub it on your teeth. No matter which procedure you use, make sure that you brush your teeth with regular toothpaste.
– Even though this does not sound good you can brush your teeth using the hardwood ash out of your fireplace. Your teeth will be whitened by the potassium hydroxide in the wood ash. Rinse your mouth good and brush again with toothpaste.
– You can use an orange peel and rub it on your teeth. It has the same effect as the strawberry. Again, rinse your mouth and brush your teeth with regular toothpaste.
– After brushing your teeth, take a white wash cloth and pour a little olive oil on the cloth. Scrub your teeth with the cloth and you can see results almost immediately. The olive oil does not leave much of a taste in your mouth.
– Crush walnuts rubbed on the teeth can help prevent teeth discolor, keep your teeth bacteria free, and white. Rinse good and brush with regular toothpaste.
– You can also rinse your mouth after brushing with a water/vinegar solution.
– Brush your teeth with lemon juice.
These are just some of the many home remedies that you can use to help whiten your teeth. You can try any of these and save money on those home whitening kits or a visit to a dentist. These home remedies will not show results overnight and may take a few weeks for any noticeable results.
You can go online to find more home remedies to whiten your teeth at home.